Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine Flowers

Wow, I haven't blogged in a while! It's been a busy time in my house. And then I thought it would be a good idea to make these Valentine flowers for my daughter's class--that took up several nights in one week!! I got the idea from Kathy over at Paper Phenomenon--you can check out her video here: http://paperphenomenon.blogspot.com/2010/01/mini-flower-pot-dollar-spot-project.html

She has some great projects on her blog!!

I got my pots in the regular section at Michaels for 59 cents, but they have a hole in the bottom and I think they are a bit smaller. We did red for the boys and pink for the girls. Used George for the flower--used the blackout feature-- and that's where the heart tag came from too! I just used plain cardstock, but we ran it through the cuttlebug with the divine swirls folder. I would use thinner cardstock next time--this was a bit hard to form the flowers with. I used some green curling ribbon for the 'leaves'

Photobucket Photobucket

For the teachers, we used a bigger pot and made a 'bouquet' with 3 flowers.

Photobucket

Here's the last picture of 20 of them in a box (I had to 1 cram more in). They were a huge hit--the teachers loved them and the kids were all asking my daughter how she made them--she did help at least!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Helen, glad to have you back and the project is a saver. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just tooooo adorable....
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete