Posts

Showing posts from February, 2010

Birthday Girl Page

Image
I just want to thank all my new followers--I'm so excited!! I'll have to do a blog candy if I can reach 100.

I did this page on Saturday. Somehow, I managed to get a lot done that day even though it was busy! My son turned 13 on Friday and we had some birthday fun part of the day.

This is our dog Pookie. She is 16 right now, so it's really great to look back at these pictures when she had more energy. I used Alphalicious for the the title. I found the bone on Indie Art. I didn't know that was on there! It turned out to be a really quick page!





Thanks for looking!

What a Doll! Scrapbook Pages

Image
I am really trying to get caught up on my scrapbooking and have a goal of two pages a week. I think I'm doing o.k. with 16 pages so far this year. I'm in the year 2001 (yes, I'm very behind!) and really want to finish that year soon.

These two pages are in May, right before my daughter's birthday. I used Alphalicious for the title at 1 inch. The rest of the cuts are from graphically speaking. I really didn't know what I wanted and just started looking at the booklet for another page I was doing next. These cuts were perfect!


Thanks for looking!

Want to get away to a fantastic scrapping weekend?

Image
Visit The Cuttlebug Challenge Blog for all the details and great challenges and tips.
http://http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/2010/02/wanna-get-away-to-this-fantastic.html

They are going to have a live U-Stream on March 6--be sure to check it out!



Froggie Card

Image
I hope everyone had a great weekend!! I did not get as much creating done this weekend as I hoped--today was a beautiful day out and we needed to take advantage of it since it's going to go downhill starting Monday.
This is a simple frog card I made last week. I used Animal Kingdom for the from face. I pop-dotted him on there. I did cut out a base layer and then the top layer to give him different colored spots. I added the googly eyes for some fun. This would make a cute boy card and it was super easy to make!

New Look and a Card

Image
Hi everyone!! My blog was redone by The Posh Box (see previous post for website). I'm so excited to have a professional look.

I made a card today to post. I was supposed to use something from Doodlecharms, but had some flowers from George out so used that. I guess I'll just have to make some more things! The sketch came from the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. I really like this sketch and will probably use it for some other cards. http://http//peachykeenstampschallenge.blogspot.com/

I used Doodlecharms for the leaves I put with the flower. All were cut out at 2 1/2 inches. I used the Martha Stewart Lattice Edge punch. Signo pen for the faux stitching and gold stickles in the middle of the flower. You can click on the image to make it bigger!
Thanks for stoping by!

New Blog Design

Image
Testing new blog design and signature by The Posh Box. How do you like it Helen?


I won a blog makeover!!!

I'm so excited--I've won a blog makeover from The Posh Box!!!! You can check them out here: http://www.theposhbox.net/index.shtml They have some amazing designs. And I cannot wait to have an awesome looking blog!! So keep checking back and in a few weeks I'll have a new look!!

Valentine Flowers

Image
Wow, I haven't blogged in a while! It's been a busy time in my house. And then I thought it would be a good idea to make these Valentine flowers for my daughter's class--that took up several nights in one week!! I got the idea from Kathy over at Paper Phenomenon--you can check out her video here: http://paperphenomenon.blogspot.com/2010/01/mini-flower-pot-dollar-spot-project.html

She has some great projects on her blog!!

I got my pots in the regular section at Michaels for 59 cents, but they have a hole in the bottom and I think they are a bit smaller. We did red for the boys and pink for the girls. Used George for the flower--used the blackout feature-- and that's where the heart tag came from too! I just used plain cardstock, but we ran it through the cuttlebug with the divine swirls folder. I would use thinner cardstock next time--this was a bit hard to form the flowers with. I used some green curling ribbon for the 'leaves'



For the teachers, we used a bigger p…